As always, this post contains collections of products that I recommend (it may contain affiliate links).
When I say “New Year’s,” the first thing that comes to mind is probably Champagne, but after you make this sweet New Year’s spread you wont be able to celebrate without it. While this board pairs beautifully with your favorite sparkling beverages, it’s also fun and delicious for the whole family. Plus, who doesn’t like a candy board? You know I do! Oh, and…Happy New Year!
How To Make Your New Year’s Eve Dessert
- Gather your favorite white and silver sweets. These can be cookies, chocolates, or candies.
- Pick a few gold items as well, but not too many so that they’ll stand out more against the white and silver.
- Use the gold candies to spell out 2020. Place these on your board first. Then fill in the white and silver sweets next.
- To make it look like a real festive party platter, add in some fun cake toppers (or cupcake toppers). This Happy New Year cake topper was perfect, as were these star cupcake toppers. See also SHOP THIS POST below for additional options.
Other Occasions For A Numerical Board
This board would also be great for a birthday party. Write out the birthday boy/girl’s age and use a Happy Birthday cake topper instead. In fact, you could easily change the colors to accommodate the party themes. Just make sure the color that you are using to showcase the number contrasts the surrounding colors enough to stand out. For instance, in the board above, silver wouldn’t have stood out enough against the white, so I chose gold.
You could also use this as inspo for a CLASS OF 2021 graduation. You could find cute “Class of 2021” toppers for the occasion.
Another Take on this Idea
In lieu of spelling the numbers out with candy, these 2021-shaped dishes are an easy option to help you create the perfectly shaped 2021. Fill them with candy on a dessert board or savory items on a large cheese board.
Show Me Your Boards
I hope this post inspires you to create delicious celebratory treats. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the beautiful spreads you create from my tips. If you make something inspired by this post, please tag me at @ainttooproudtomeg so I can see and share!
And, if you liked this board recipe, please rate and review.
THIS is the board used here (also included in the SHOP THIS POST below). It’s dimensions are 12″ x 9″ x ½”, but I have also listed some other options below.
New Year’s Candy Board
- Rolos wrapped in gold foil
- White Chocolate KitKat Bites
- White Chocolate Reeses Bites
- Hershey's Kisses
- Snowball Cookies
- Mini Meringues
- Peppermint Chocolates wrapped in silver foil
- Snowflake Marshmallows
- White M&M’s
- Using the unwrapped Rolos, spell out "2022" in the center of the board. Then fill in the spaces in the numbers with the white M&Ms.
- Fill in the spaces between the numbers with the Reese's and KitKats.
- Line the edge of the board with the Snowball Cookies and mini meringues, then fill in any holes in the board with Kisses and peppermint chocolates.
- Garnish with snowflake marshmallows to finish!