As always, this post contains collections of products that I personally recommend so you can get your board on. This post may contain affiliate links
May your next year be an extraordinary one! I love a sweets board, especially with themed candy. This is my version of New Years candy board to ring in the next year!
How To Make Your New Year’s Eve Dessert
- Gather your favorite white and silver sweets. These can be cookies, chocolates, or candies.
- Pick a few gold items as well, but not too many so that they’ll stand out more against the white and silver.
- Use the gold candies to spell out 2020. Place these on your board first. Then fill in the white and silver sweets next.
- To make it look like a real festive party platter, add in some fun cake toppers (or cupcake toppers). This Happy New Year cake topper was perfect, as were these star cupcake toppers. See also SHOP THIS POST below for additional options.
Other Occasions For A Numerical Board
This board would also be great for a birthday party. Write out the birthday boy/girl’s age and use a Happy Birthday cake topper instead. In fact, you could easily change the colors to accommodate the party themes. Just make sure the color that you are using to showcase the number contrasts the surrounding colors enough to stand out. For instance, in the board above, silver wouldn’t have stood out enough against the white, so I chose gold.
You could also use this as inspo for a CLASS OF 2021 graduation. You could find cute “Class of 2021” toppers for the occasion.
Another Take on this Idea
In lieu of spelling the numbers out with candy, these 2021-shaped dishes are an easy option to help you create the perfectly shaped 2021. Fill them with candy on a dessert board or savory items on a large cheese board.
Show Me Your Boards
And, if you liked this board recipe, please rate and review.
New Year’s Candy Board
- Rolos- CVS
- White Chocolate KitKat Bites- CVS
- White Chocolate Reeses Bites- CVS
- Hershey's Kisses- CVS, Target
- Snowball Cookies- Similar option are Mexican Wedding Cookies seen here from World Market
- Mini Meringues- Marshalls, but Trader Joe's has large ones available
- Peppermint Chocolates wrapped in silver foil- Sockerbit
- Candy Covered Mint Chocolates- Sockerbit
- Snowflake Marshmallows- World Market, will get stale if left out too long
- White M&M’s- Target as part of Holiday Set, but you can also just purchase white M&M's alone at Dylan's Candy Store or a place like Party City
THIS is the board used here (also included in the SHOP THIS POST below). It’s dimensions are 12″ x 9″ x ½”, but I have also listed some other options below.