As always, this post contains collections of products that I personally recommend so you can get your board on. It may contain affiliate links.
UPDATED Dec 2020.
I’ll be honest, my favorite part of any holiday gathering is the sweets. So of course I’ve put them all together on one beautiful dessert board. This board is an epic array of candy and sweets that could rival any of Santa’s cookie platters!
Where to Get The Best Sweet Treats for Boards
If you’re looking for shops to get unique candy, I have a whole write up of my favorite spots in this candy board post.
What’s on This Candy Charcuterie Board
I usually follow a few simple rules when creating a candy board. You can see the full breakdown in my Pink Baby Shower Board post.
- Start by picking a color palette. For Christmas, it’s a no brainer: red, green & white is perfect. For a Hanukkah Candy Board like this blue, yellow, and gold are super festive.
- Place the smaller candies in bowls or ramekins around the board (see below SHOP THIS POST for some fun star shaped dishes).
- Arrange larger candy in uniform patterns around the board. For example, the gingerbread men and cookies along the edge of the board.
- I love the colored Oreos on their side to get some extra red color.
- Fill in any gaps with small or medium sized candy. Like small candy cane bites or gummies.
How to Serve a Candy Board
What I love about a board like this is how easy it is. Again, I’d much rather have a dessert board like this, ready to serve to my guests, than be worried about frosting a cake or timing a pie coming out of the oven. I’m not a huge cook, and this is my way of doing a holiday dessert!
This sweets board will bring out the kid in you and your guests! It’s great to serve:
- As a side to any more traditional dessert (cake, pie, etc)
- A fun, festive twist on the more classic cookie plate (plus you can mix and match cookies and candy!)
- Bring it along as a dessert to share or have it out for grazing at any time of the holiday season.
- NOTE: I like to set out plastic take home bags for friends to gather items and enjoy over the next few days. These snowflake cellophane treat bags are perfect.
- PS: if you’re looking for a mix of savory and sweet, here’s my Cheese & Dessert Christmas Board.
Show Me Your Boards
And, if you liked this board recipe, please rate and review.
Christmas Dessert Board
- Ghirardelli Squares
- Red and Green Rock Candy
- Christmas Red Oreos
- Peppermint Bark
- Snowmen Gingerbread Cookies
- Gingerbread Men
- White Chocolate Peppermint Pretzel Thins
- Red, White and Green Gummy Bears
- Red, White and Green Candy Corns
- Candy Canes
- Chocolate Covered Cookies
- Red and White M&Ms