This post contains collections of products that I recommend so you can get your board on (it may contain affiliate links).
Time for #BoardsWithGourds! A few years ago, I came up with this hashtag to showcase an easy way to make your cheese boards fall-friendly. Simply add a mini pumpkin to create a festive charcuterie spread, et voila! You’ve got the perfect snack or appetizer for Friendsgiving, Thanksgiving, or any other autumn gathering.
As I like to say this time of year, just “Put a pumpkin on it.” With that in mind, you can basically turn any of my boards into a festive fall feast… but I of course have a ton of autumn-themed boards for you to try, like my Fall Burrata Board, Cheesegiving Board, Muffin Tin Halloween Board, and Fall Dessert Board, to name a few. And remember, you can always search my board ideas by holiday. Happy fall!
Fall-ify Your Boards
Like I said, you can make any board a fall board if you try
hard gourd enough (sorry, I had to)! Use these colors and items to really send the point home–don’t forget to add a pumpkin or two.
- Burnt Orange
- Mustard Yellow
- Olive Green
- Dusty pink
- Candy Corn
- Cadbury Harvest Mix Milk Chocolate Candies
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Biscotti
- Trader Joe’s Maple Leaf Cookies
- Trader Joe’s Petite Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Trader Joe’s Pumpkin Joe-Joe’s
- Limited Edition Maple Cream Oreos
- Limited Edition Apple Cider Donut Oreos
- Maine Crisps Savory Fig and Thyme Crackers
- Good & Gather Cranberry Pumpkin Seed Crackers
- Favorite Day Pumpkin Spice Pretzels
- Stacy’s Cinnamon Sugar Pita Chips
I always encourage creativity and substitutions, so when you’re shopping for this board, bring this list with you for some seasonal inspiration. Get more info here!
- Brussels sprouts
- Bell peppers
- Sweet potatoes
- Winter squash
SHOW ME YOUR BOARDS!
I hope this post inspires you to create delicious cheese pairings boards. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the beautiful spreads and snacks you create from my tips. If you make something inspired by this post, please tag me at @ainttooproudtomeg so I can see and share!
And, If you liked this recipe, please rate and review.
Fall Cheese Board
- Mimolette sliced
- Autumn Chimay
- Triple Cream Brie
- Unexpected Cheddar sliced
- Blueberry Vanilla Chèvre sliced
- Salami folded
- Calabrese folded
- Salame Secchi sliced
- Persimmon sliced
- Pomegranate quartered
- Thomcord Grapes
- Dried Orange slices
- Mini Pumpkin for garnish
- Raw honey
- Chocolate Acorns
- Rosemary for garnish
- Castelvetrano Olives
- Marcona Almonds
- Cranberry and Hazelnut Crackers
- French Bread sliced
- Like always, I like to start with my small bowls to anchor the board, so place the bowls of honey, olives, and cornichons evenly spaced in the center of the board, then add the larger pumpkin(s) to help set up your design.
- Next, fan the sliced cheeses and crackers out around the bowls.
- Use the berries and pomegranates to fill in any holes, being sure to break up similar colors, then tuck in the salami, calabrese, and salame secchi. Add the grapes, walnuts, persimmons, dried oranges, and chocolate acorns to the empty spots around the edge of the board.
- Finish off with rosemary and any other festive decorations.