This post contains collections of products that I personally recommend (it may contain affiliate links).
This beautiful candy board inspired by the holiday of love. Gather all the pink, red, and white sweets of the season, and make this stunning dessert for your loved ones. They’ll be struck by cupid’s arrow as soon as they see it!
How To Create A Candy Board
It’s actually pretty easy to create a beautiful candy board. If you’ve seen my cheese boards, you’ll notice some similarities in the way I lay out the design with these steps:
- Start by picking a color palette (pink, white, red & chocolate brown are perfect for VDAY)
- Place a few smaller candies in bowls or ramekins around the board. In this case, heart-shaped bowls were perfectly fitting.
- Arrange candies in fun and uniform patterns along the edge of the board or in a triangular pattern (points toward the center).
- Fan cookies and large candies around the bowls
- Fill in any holes with smaller candies
Similar Board Inspo
If you’re looking for similar ideas, check out this Baby Shower Candy Board, which would also be great for Thanksgiving, or check out this version of a Galentine’s Day Board (with the addition of the infamous Apple Heart).
What Board Did You Use Here?
Show Me Your Boards
I hope this post inspires you to create a delicious sweet spread. Nothing makes me happier than seeing the beautiful boards you create from my tips. If you make something inspired by this post, please tag me at @ainttooproudtomeg and use #AintTooProudToSweet so I can see and share!
And, If you liked this recipe, please rate and review.
Valentine’s Day Dessert Board
- Red Gummy Hearts
- Lip Gummies
- Raspberry Fruit Snacks
- Red licorice pinwheels
- Pink and White Skull Gummies
- Pink M&Ms
- Ghirardelli Valentine Squares
- Pink Lindt Chocolates
- XO Gummies
- White M&Ms
- Yogurt Pretzels
- Champagne Gummy Bears
- LOVE Chocolate Bar
- Heart Sprinkle Chocolate Bars
- Chocolate Sprinkle Heart Candies
- Chocolate Covered Sprinkle Pretzels
- Salted caramel chocolates
Cookies & Snacks
- Heart Cookies
- Pink-filled Oreos
- Sprinkle Cookies
- Add the popcorn and smaller candies to small bowls and place on the board first.
- Fan a few cookies, pretzels, and large candies around the bowls. Then arrange the remaining large candies, cookies, and pretzels in a uniform pattern along the edge of the board or in a triangular pattern (points toward the center), being sure to separate similar colors.
- Fill in any hole with smaller candies.